The CNPE: F/AA is developed by Assessment Strategies Inc. (ASI) and administered in accordance with an agreement between the RNANT/NU and ASI.
What do I need to do to write the CNPE: F/AA in the Northwest Territories or Nunavut?
- Complete and submit to the RNANT/NU office all required forms (as below). These forms must be received at the office two months prior to the requested exam date.
- Contact the RNANT/NU office one week after you submit your application form and payment authorization form to verify both have been received.
- Verify eligibility to write the CNPE: F/AA.
- 2017 CNPE FAA Application Form
- 2017 CNPE FAA Payment Authorization Form
- 2017 School Recommendation Form
- Identification - A copy of valid government (federal or territorial) issued photo ID. The ID must include photo, signature, and expiry date.
*Please contact the RNANT/NU office if you have applied with another jurisdiction to write the CNPE: F/AA but would like to write the exam in Yellowknife, NT.
When can I write the CNPE:F/AA?
The examination is offered in Yellowknife, NT on:
May 3, 2017
October 11, 2017
What is the cost to write the CNPE:F/AA?
The cost of the examination is $964.69
- $768.75 Exam Fee, $150.00 Administration Fee, and $45.94 GST
**There is an additional $50.00 fee for any candidate who registers late (within 5 weeks of the examination date).
**Any candidate who registers to write the examination but does not attend the writing will be charged a portion of the ASI examination fee.
1. Before Exam Day
- One week before the examination date, you will be sent an email indicating the time and place of your examination. This email will be sent to the email address you have indicated on your application form. If you do not receive this email, please contact our office.
2. Day of Exam:
- Review the Entry into the Exam Room Policy.
- You must present a valid government issued photo ID to gain entry into the examination room. Your government issued photo ID will be verified by the exam invigilator and then you will receive your examination ID card.
3. Exam Results
- The examination score is reported as Pass or Fail.
- A candidate who fails the examination is required to rewrite the entire examination. The fee to rewrite the examination is the fee in effect at the time of the application for rewriting.
- If a candidate commences the examination but does not finish it, the writing still counts as one of the three writing opportunities.
How can I request accommodations for the CNPE: F/AA?
Candidates with a professionally diagnosed disability, impairment, condition, or disorder that may prevent them from writing the exam in the usual method or environment may request accommodation arrangements such as:
- A separate room for writing the exam
- Extra time
- Adjustable contrast
- Font size
- Assistive personnel (e.g.., readers)
- Sign language interpreters
Requests for accommodations must include confirmation of the diagnosis from a qualified health professional. Accommodation requests must be indicated on the CNPE: F/AA Application Form submitted to the RNANT/NU office.
A letter from the qualified health professional must be submitted directly to the RNANT/NU and is kept confidential. No other information will be shared with the exam provider.
Visit the following websites for more information:
- Canadian Nurse Practitioner Examination: Family/All Ages Prep Guide, 2nd. Edition
- Blue print for the Canadian Nurse Practitioner Examination: Family/All Ages (2011)
- Canadian Nurse Practitioner Core Competency Framework
- CNA Position Statement: The Nurse Practitioner
- CNPE Bulletin
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the CNPE: F/AA.