Celebrating the dedication, initiative and distinction of nurses who are helping to improve the health of Canada's First Nations and Inuit
The First Nations and Inuit Health Branch (FNIHB) of the Department of Indigenous Services is now accepting nominations for the 2018 Awards of Excellence in Nursing. This award will be presented to three (3) exceptional nurses who provide care to First Nations and/or Inuit clients. Nominees will have demonstrated that they are committed to excellence in professional nursing practice by:
- Consistently using sound judgment in routine circumstances, as well as in urgent situations;
- Maintaining professionalism in their treatment of clients and their approach to leadership;
- Valuing diversity and supporting a culturally appropriate environment
Who is Eligible to receive this Award?
- Registered Nurses (RN's) who are currently employed by First Nations and Inuit Health Branch, a First Nations employer, or working in an Inuit community are eligible for the award.
- The award is open to all Registered Nurses (RN's) who have worked the equivalent of two (2) years fulltime in a First Nations or Inuit community.
- The Award of Excellence is strictly for frontline nurses.
Completed nomination packages must be received by Friday, February 23, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. EST.
All nominators and nominees will be notified in April 2018 of the final results. We wish to thank everyone involved in the nomination process for taking the time to nominate an outstanding nurse providing direct care in a First Nations or Inuit community.
More information is available here