The NP Reinstatement Application is for:
- an applicant who was previously registered with the RNANT/NU to practice as a Nurse Practitioner and who wishes to reinstate their registration, and
- an applicant who is currently registered as an Associate Non-Practicing Member with the RNANT/NU and who wishes to obtain an active practicing membership as an NP (must have been registered as an NP with the RNANT/NU in the past).
Please note: It is a registration violation to be employed in the NT and/or NU as a registered nurse or nurse practitioner without a valid license to practice in the NT and/or NU. This includes any orientation to an individual's role as an RN or NP, as well as the completion of any employer requirements.
A $65.63 processing fee is charged to an applicant's credit card upon receipt of the payment authorization form. This payment authorization form is required to begin processing an application. Other documents (e.g., verification letters, references, etc.) are added to an applicant's file as they are received at the office. When all required documents are received, the Registrar reviews the entire application for registration eligibility and approval.
Once an application is approved by the Registrar, the applicant is contacted by phone or email. Approved applications are valid for six months from the date the application is submitted and the processing fee taken. After six months, the applicant is required to submit a new application.
If you have any questions regarding the NP Reinstatement Application process, please contact the Registration Coordinator.
All forms are now in fillable PDF documents.
To apply for a reinstatement of registration as an NP with the RNANT/NU for the 2018 Membership Year, the following items are required:
1. 2018 Payment Authorization Form for all Transactions or 2019 Payment Authorization Form for all Transactions
2. 2018 Reinstatement Application Form NP or 2019 Reinstatement Application Form NP
3. Verification of Registration Request from all jurisdictions in which you are currently or formerly registered as an NP or RN to be sent directly to RNANT/NU.
4. Evidence of successful completion of one of the following prescribing controlled drugs and substances courses as indicated in the RNANT/NU Policy R2 Nurse Practitioner Requirements under section 2(g) (if not previously submitted).
Employer Reference: 2018 Form A1 Employer Reference or 2019 Form A1 Employer Reference and 2018 Form A2 Verification of Hours or 2019 Form A2 Verification of Hours are both required for each employer.
Two employer references are required, one from each of your two most recent employers in the past five years.
If you were employed by only one employer for the last five years or more, we only require a reference from that one employer.
Please ensure you have worked a minimum of 300 hours with the employer you have requested provide you a reference.
Colleague Reference: If you have less than five years work experience as an RN and have had only one employer, please have 2018 Form B Colleague Reference Form or 2019 Form B Colleague Reference Form submitted in addition to your employer reference form. If you have only been self-employed as an RN, please have two 2018 Form B Colleague Reference Forms or 2019 Form B Colleague Reference Forms submitted.
5. 2018 Information Sharing Consent Form or 2019 Information Sharing Consent Form (this form is optional and is used to grant permission to give updates on an applicant's registration status to their NT and/or NU employer)
7. Vaid Government I.D. Scanned and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Fax is not accepted for Photo ID's)