Reinstatement Applications are now online through the Applicant Portal
When registering in the online portal you will need to first register as an RN then complete the NP application. The fee’s are split between these two applications. You must complete both portions in order to be registered as an NP.
You may need to email email@example.com if your email has changed. We will update it then you will be able to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the member’s responsibility to keep RNANT/NU updated on changes to their name, email, phone, or address.
The NP Reinstatement Application is for:
- an applicant who was previously registered with the RNANT/NU to practice as a Nurse Practitioner and who wishes to reinstate their registration, and
- an applicant who is currently registered as an Associate Non-Practicing Member with the RNANT/NU and who wishes to obtain an active practicing membership as an NP (must have been registered as an NP with the RNANT/NU in the past).
Please note: It is a registration violation to be employed in the NT and/or NU as a registered nurse or nurse practitioner without a valid license to practice in the NT and/or NU. This includes any orientation to an individual’s role as an RN or NP, as well as the completion of any employer requirements.
A $65.63 processing fee is charged to an applicant’s credit card upon submission of the application. This payment is required to begin processing an application. Other documents (e.g., verification letters, references, etc.) are added to an applicant’s file as they are received at the office. When all required documents are received, the Registrar reviews the entire application for registration eligibility and approval.
Once an application is approved by the Registrar, the applicant is contacted by phone or email. Approved applications are valid for six months from the date the application is submitted, and the processing fee is taken. After six months, the applicant is required to submit a new application.
If you have any questions regarding the NP Reinstatement Application process, please contact the Registration Coordinator and review Policy R02: Nurse Practitioner Requirements and Policy R06: Reinstatement to Active Practice
Click on Chart for enlarged viewing
To apply for a reinstatement of registration as an NP with the RNANT/NU for the 2020 Membership Year, the following items are required
- Verification of registration request from all jurisdictions with which you are currently or formerly registered.
Employer Reference: Form A1 Employer Reference is required from your most recent employer. Form A2 Verification of Hours is required from all employers in the preceding five years.
If you were employed by one employer for the last five years or more, we only require a reference form from that one employer. Please ensure you have worked a minimum of 300 hours with the employer you have requested provide you a reference.
Colleague Reference: If you have less than five years work experience as an RN and have had only one employer, please have Form B Colleague Reference Form submitted in addition to your employer reference form. If you have only been self-employed as an RN, please have two Form B Colleague Reference Form submitted.
- Valid Government Issued ID to include photo, expiry date, signature, and be in colour must be scanned and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Fax is not accepted for ID.
- Information Sharing Consent Form (this form is used to grant permission to give updates on an applicant’s registration status to their NT and/or NU employer)
- Review Policies R02: Nurse Practitioner Requirements and R06: Reinstatement to Active Practice
- Apply online through the Applicant Portal