A $65.63 processing fee is charged to an applicant's credit card upon receipt of the payment authorization form. This payment authorization form is required to begin processing an application. Other documents (e.g., transcripts, references, etc.) are added to an applicant's file as they are received at the office. When all required documents are received, the Registration Committee reviews the entire application for registration eligibility and approval.
Once an application is approved by the Registration Committee, the applicant is contacted by phone or email.
Please note: It is a registration violation to be employed as a registered nurse or nurse practitioner without a valid license to practice in the NT and/or NU. This includes any orientation to an individual's role as an RN or NP, as well as the completion of any employer requirements. When a temporary certificate application is approved, the applicant is contacted by email.
To apply for a Temporary Certificate for the completion of a Nursing Refresher Program or undertakings as part of the Professional Conduct Review process, the following items are required:
1. 2018 Temporary Certificate Payment Authorization
2. 2018 Temporary Certificate Application Form
3. Identification - A copy of valid government (federal or territorial) issued photo ID. The ID must include photo, signature, and expiry date.
4. Proof of enrolment in a Nursing Refresher Course (if applicable)
5. Proof that a Temporary Certificate is required to meet terms/conditions for reinstatement (if applicable) [e.g., if license has been suspended and completing undertakings].
6. 2018 Information Sharing Consent Form (this form is optional and is used to grant permission to give updates on an applicant's registration status to their NT and/or NU employer)
Are You Looking to Renew or Extend Your Temporary Certificate?
If you are looking to renew/extend a Temporary Certificate, the following items are required:
1. 2018 Temporary Certificate Renewal Application
2. 2018 Temporary Certificate Payment Authorization
If you have any questions regarding the registration application process, please contact the Registration Coordinator.