Internationally Educated Nurses

Did you complete your nursing education outside of Canada?

If you completed your nursing education outside of Canada and wish to work in the North as an Active-Practicing Nurse, you are required to obtain an RN or NP registration with RNANT/NU.

In order to obtain a registration with RNANT/NU, you must be registered in another Canadian jurisdiction and in good standing. After you complete this process, you are welcome to apply for registration as an RN or NP with RNANT/NU.

To begin the initial registration process in another Canadian jurisdiction, you are required to go through the national assessment service. Please see the National Nursing Assessment Services (NNAS) website for details.

Scroll to Top