New Graduate


New Graduates who have passed their NCLEX-RN exam can proceed to RN Initial Application.

All forms are now fillable PDF documents.

If you are a New Graduate who is waiting to write the NCLEX-RN exam and want to work before the exam, then please complete the application below.

Please note: For an applicant who has recently graduated from an approved basic nursing education program in Canada, proof they have applied to write the entry-to-practice examination for their jurisdiction and are waiting to write that examination, or are awaiting examination results. 

A $65.63 processing fee is charged to an applicant's credit card upon receipt of the payment authorization form. This payment authorization form is required to begin processing an application. Other documents (e.g., transcripts, references, etc.) are added to an applicant's file as they are received at the office. When all required documents are received, the Registration Committee reviews the entire application for registration eligibility and approval. 

Once an application is approved by the Registration Committee, the applicant is contacted by phone or email.

Please note: It is a registration violation to be employed as a graduate nurse or graduate nurse practitioner without a valid license to practice in the NT and/or NU. This includes any orientation, as well as the completion of any employer requirements. When a temporary certificate application is approved, the applicant is contacted by email. 


To apply for a Temporary Certificate as a new graduate with the RNANT/NU, the following items are required: Please review Policy R3: Temporary Certificate here

1. 2019 Temporary Certificate Payment Authorization

2.  2019 Temporary Certificate Application Form

3. Identification - A copy of valid government (federal or territorial) issued photo ID. The ID must include photo, signature, and expiry date. (Fax is not accepted for Photo ID's)

4. 2019 Transcript Request Form

5. Verification of Education and/or Graduation (a requirement for new graduates outside of the NT/NU). This verification is requested to be directly sent to the RNANT/NU from the licensing body of the jurisdiction where an applicant completed their education program.

6. References: 

Character Reference: One 2019 Form C- Instructor Reference Form is required and is to be submitted directly to the RNANT/NU from the instructor.

7.  2019 Information Sharing Consent Form (this form is optional and is used to grant permission to give updates on an applicant's registration status to their NT and/or NU employer)


Are You Looking to Renew or Extend Your Temporary Certificate?

If you are looking to renew/extend a Temporary Certificate, the following items are required:

1. 2019 Temporary Certificate Renewal Application

2. 2019 Temporary Certificate Payment Authorization 


If you have any questions regarding the registration application process, please contact the Registration Coordinator.

I am looking for…


Contact Us

Office Hours
Monday – Friday  8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Saturday & Sunday  Closed

PO Box 2757
Yellowknife, NT  X1A 2R1
Phone: 867-873-2745
Fax: 867-873-2336

Office Location
3rd Floor, 4921 49 Street
Yellowknife, NT
X1A 2N9

Contact form