RN Reinstatement Application
Reinstatement Applications are online.
If your email has changed we can update the information in the database as your email is how you will sign in to complete your reinstatement.
The RN Reinstatement Application is for:
- an applicant who was previously registered with the RNANT/NU to practice as a Registered Nurse and who wishes to reinstate their registration, and
- an application who is currently registered as an Associate Non-Practicing Member with the RNANT/NU and who wishes to obtain an active practicing membership as an RN.
A $65.63 processing fee is charged to an applicant’s credit card upon submission of application. This payment is required to begin processing an application. When all required documents are received, the Registrar reviews the entire application for registration eligibility and approval.
*It is the applicants responsibility to check the applicant portal regularly to verify any outstanding documents and to follow up on these documents. Once an application is approved by the Registrar, the applicant is contacted by email. Approvals are valid for six months from the date the application is submitted, and the processing fee is taken. After six months, the applicant is required to submit a new application.
If you have any questions regarding the NP Reinstatement Application process, please contact the Registration Coordinator and review Policy R01: Registered Nurse Requirements and Policy R06: Reinstatement to Active Practice
To apply for a Reinstatement of Registration as an RN with the RNANT/NU for the 2021 Membership Year, the following documents are required:
- Verification of registration from all jurisdictions with which you are currently or formerly registered.
- References: Form A1 Employer Reference is required from your most recent employer. The Form A2 Evidence of Practice Hours is required from all employers from the past 5 years. You must have worked a minimum of 300 hours with the employer.
- Colleague Reference: If you have less than five years work experience as an RN and have had only one employer, Form B Colleague Reference Form is submitted in addition to your employer reference form. If you have been self-employed as an RN, two Form B Colleague Reference Forms are required.
- Valid Government Issued ID: includes photo, signature, expiry date, and be in color. Scan and send to email@example.com
You will need to upload this document during the process online.
Information Sharing Consent Form (this form is used to grant permission to give updates on an applicant’s registration status to their NT and/or NU employer)
Apply online here