The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) presents COVID-19 Vaccine Foundations for Health Care Providers on an online open access webinar, hosted by AMMI Canada.
Date: Monday, December 14, 2020
Time: 13:00 – 15:00 Eastern
Opening remarks by Dr. Howard Njoo, Deputy Chief Public Health Officer
Module 1 – Health Canada COVID-19 Vaccine Approval and the Role of NACI in COVID-19 Vaccine Planning
Dr. Megan Bettle, Health Canada and Dr. Caroline Quach, Chair of the National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI)
- To describe the Health Canada vaccine approval pathway for vaccines, including changes under the interim order and the status of current rolling submissions
- To underscore the guidance delivered and expected from the National Advisory
Module 2 – COVID-19 Vaccines in Canada
Dr. April Killikelly and Dr. Marina Salvadori, the Public Health Agency of Canada
- To compare the platform technologies used by candidate vaccines against SARS-COV-2/COVID-19.
- To discuss mRNA vaccines in development by Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna
Module 3 – COVID-19 Vaccine Administration and Immunization Clinic Planning
Dr. Bryna Warshawsky, the Public Health Agency of Canada
- To describe the infection prevention and control requirements for safely providing COVID-19 vaccines given the ongoing circulation of SARS-CoV-2T
- To highlight key messages regarding vaccine storage and handling requirements
- To provide planning parameters and strategies for organizing mass immunization clinics
To register click here
Things to note:
- The presentation will be delivered in English and French on two separate days and recorded.
- The recording will be made available on the AMMI Canada website immediately following the event.